Thursday, October 22, 2009

Friendship That Matters

I have been very thankful for friends today. The past week has left some wounded places in my heart. I smile and go on, but the hurt is there under the surface. I can feel it draining my energy and leading me into sadness in quiet moments.

Today I had a friend call me. It was nice to touch bases with her, but she probed under the bright surface I presented to what was underneath. It was painful, it was wonderful and it was just what I needed. She gave me the chance to not only talk openly and honestly but validated what I was feeling. I felt like a huge load was lifted off of me.

Another friend chatted with me on Facebook and shared what I meant to her. It lifted my spirits and let me know that I am no the right track. I have value and worth to the people around me.

Both of these women took the time to just reach out and love me. I needed both of them and they gave unstintingly of themselves. What a precious gift that is. Their friendship matters to me. It changes me and helps me be more than I can be on my own. I cannot express what those moments meant to me. I feel new energy, focus and purpose. I can do anything with friends like this alongside of me.

“And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds” Hebrews 10:24

Just Connie

No comments: