Friday, October 2, 2009

Football Friends

I went to a high school football game tonight. I had not been to one since I was in high school. I went because the neighbor boys were playing in the pep band. They are incredibly talented musicians and I liked having the chance to see them play in a larger setting.

The game was … well the home team got stomped. That is never fun. but all in all I enjoyed it. The air was crisp and there was a mist that floated in and it really felt like fall. It was fun to sit and talk and just enjoy being with people I like.

I am really coming to a new appreciation of friendship and how important it is to my overall health and well being. I am working hard to accept invitations and to try to reach out to people when I am feeling lonely and isolated. Some days I do better than other days. But it is a learning experience. (That is “pastoral speak” for “excruciatingly hard”)

But I think I am learning and growing day by day. I just need to keep focused. God has good things for me. I just need to keep moving forward. I need to do less looking back and more looking ahead.

“But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead” Philippians 3:13

I will never reach my potential in Christ, if I do not keep moving ahead. It is time to run.

Just Connie

No comments: