Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Building Friends

I have had a handful of really close friends over the years. Some of them have passed away and some have moved away (physically or emotionally). Over the past year I have really grieved over my lack of friends. You know the kind of heart friends that you can laugh with and cry with…. the kind of friends that will tell you when you are wrong and still love you anyway.

I made a commitment a few months ago to do my best to begin to build some deep relationships. Now, I am slowly building some friends. I have found people that I can be myself with and people that are willing to share their lives with me openly. That is a rare and precious gift. I will never take that for granted.

Tonight I had the opportunity to spend some time with friends that are growing into heart friends. I am so very thankful for them and for the encouragement and joy that they add to my life. I only hope that I am type of friend to them as well.

“But you, dear friends, build yourselves up in your most holy faith and pray in the Holy Spirit.” Jude 1:20

Just Connie

No comments: