Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday Activities

It has really been a busy, busy day. Sundays are often bush, but today was extra busy.

It began with teaching Sunday School. (which I love by the way) We have been studying Proverbs and there has really been good discussion. It is always a challenging class. The other pastors are in it as well as two retired clergy and our Quiz Master. So Bible discussion is in depth and vital. It is very energizing.

Next was worship service
. I was preaching again today. It was the last of my series on Philippians 3:12-16. It was a good service. I learn so much every time I preach. I only hope that others learn as well.

After the service I had a line of people to see me. Problems, illnesses advice and it took me a while to bow out gracefully. Then I ran home, changed my clothes and headed to Burlington to see my mom and dad. It was mom’s birthday so the whole clan gathered to celebrate with her. It was chaotic and wonderful. The house was full of my relatives. It is always good when we get together.

I left earlier than I wanted because I needed to stop at the hospital and visit a parishioner. The visit filled me with concern. it has been a long haul for him and tonight he was very weak and tired.

Then I jumped back in the car and headed to home. It is on the two hour drive back home that I usually start wishing Willamina was closer to my family. But it is what it is and the long drives give me time to think. Sometimes more thinking than I would prefer. Tonight was one of those nights.

But I am home now, I have the dogs settled for the night and I am sitting in the recliner watching TV. Bubba Bunny is tearing around the room showing off for us since we have been gone all day. Tonight it is very good to be home.

“If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it” Matthew 10:13

Just Connie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am thrilled & honored to be a precious part of your world. My blog is so raw and me and I feel like yours is too so thank you DAUGHTER OF THE MOST HIGH GOD...Thanks ;=o) Love and Blessings to you Miss Connie!!