Saturday, October 10, 2009

Learning Lessons

I had a blessing today. it was an incredible, unexpected, wonderful blessing. At 8:00 this morning two friends showed up ready to work. they headed up to the roof and swept all the moss off the roof, cleaned out the gutters and finished painting the fascia boards.

I have to tell you
that I just about sat down and cried. I was so surprised and so completely overwhelmed. I never expected people to come and help me for no particular reason, expect they knew that I needed help.

They were here for 3 hours and got an incredible amount of work done. I can never thank them enough for their gift of time, brawn and self. I am trying to think of a good way to convey my thanks to them.

As much as I loved and appreciated their help. I have to tell you that it was also hard to accept the help. There was a part of me that kept saying, “You should be doing this yourself. You should not be bothering other people to do your work.” But the truth is I do need their help. And it is helping me in more than just the physical work. It is helping me understand the beauty of being helped and ministered to. It is time to lay down false pride and learn the joy of being served.

I am thankful for what I am learning but I wish sometimes that learning was a easier. But I know that the lessons will be worth it.

“I give you sound learning, so do not forsake my teaching” Proverbs 4:2

Just Connie

No comments: