Sunday, October 18, 2009

Light Ahead

After 48 hours on antibiotics, I am finally beginning to feel better. I am so thankful for an end to this misery. I am so ready to feel better. But it has been a couple of days since I blogged.

Right now, I am on a staff planning retreat. I will spend the next couple of days with the other church staff looking at the months ahead and brainstorming some of the obstacles that we have come across. This is a wonderful opportunity to continue to meld our ministry team into a cohesive unit. We are all from such different backgrounds and experiences and yet here we are. At this place and time called to minister side by side.

I am getting excited about the months ahead. Excited to see what God will be doing at the church in the months ahead. Excited to see what God will be doing in the hearts and lives of His people. Even more excited to see what God will be doing in my life.

These past months have been so painful and so very difficult that it has been hard to look very far ahead. So much of my time has been spent in just trying to survive. But I can see light at the end of the tunnel and it is not a train coming at me. It is the light of a new day and new hope. I think I am ready for it.

“I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth.” Isaiah 42:16

Just Connie

No comments: