Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Another Day Done

Another day is wrapping up. This week is flying by. I do not seem to be getting as much done as I had hoped this week. But I guess that is not that unusual. I spent the morning at the church finishing up my sermon for Sunday. So it is now all ready to go. I love preparing for the sermon. It is energizing and exciting to me. I always finish it up with a thrill in my heart. I am so thankful that God has called me to this.

Mid day I headed back to Sheridan for another run at the cable company. I have spent the last month trying to get he account worked out. All I needed was to have my husband name taken off the account, but it seems that is not a simple thing. But I think perhaps I have actually solved it now. and they have turned my e-mail back on. I cannot tell you why they had deleted my e-mail but they had. I now have e-mail again and one of the TV’s have a menu display again. it seems they cannot fix the others until after the 22nd. I am so glad to have one that works that I will not argue.

Tonight I headed to the high school for the open house with the Widrigs. Gary introduced me to everyone and showed me around the school. It is the first time that I had ever been in the school. Gary has challenged me to become more involved in community events. So I went tonight and I joined the Booster Club and I will begin to involve myself in what is going on in the community.

The evening was wrapped up with prayer time at the church. It was a good time with precious people and a wonderful way to end the day. Now I am sitting here reflecting on the day behind me.

All in all, it was a good day. There was ministry, community and prayer and I even squeezed in some housework and some decorating. I have a feeling of satisfaction that I have done what I can today. There is plenty left over for tomorrow.

“That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil—this is the gift of God.”
Ecclesiastes 3:13

Just Connie

No comments: