Thursday, September 3, 2009

Long Day

I am tired tonight. It has been a long day. A good day … but a long day. I got the news that my husband is doing better and should be released to the rehab program soon. I was very glad to hear that. I have to admit that my heart is heavy at where he finds himself. However, I am glad to see him moving towards health.

It was also a day of meetings. Meetings are important, in fact they are a fact of life for any pastor. But sometimes they are sooooo draining. There is always the play of different personalities as you wade through the business at hand. Sometime the subjects are sensitive and you try to maneuver through without hurting others or causing unnecessary pain. All of it takes a toll on me. Some days it takes more than others.

To be honest I think the news about Gerrald is taking more of my equilibrium than I would like. And probably taking more of my energy than all the meetings I have been in this week added together.

I think it is time to straighten my shoulders, fix my eyes on the future and determinedly work for a new tomorrow. There is healing and hope to meet tomorrow with grace and strength. I just need to do it.

“All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.” 2 Corinthians 4:15

Just Connie

No comments: