Friday, September 25, 2009

Today's Work

Busy, busy, busy … that was my day today. I jumped out of bed early this morning and headed up the hill to pick up a friend. Then we headed into McMinnville together. First we went to one of the rest homes where we have two of our shut ins. We visited for about an hour and then we headed to the store. Both of us did some shopping that we cannot do in Willamina. It was good to have company while I shopped. That is a very rare treat for me.

Then we headed out to lunch and spent a delightful hour enjoying each other’s company and eating some great Mexican food. I have not splurged on a meal out very often since I have been out of work. It was good to sit and just talk uninterrupted. After lunch we wandered back to the car and strolled through a couple of the little shops along the way. That really was a wonderful treat.

We had one more stop to check on another shut in and we then turned the car towards home. We got a lot done in just a few short hours. We also enjoyed each other’s company.

This afternoon and evening I scraped what I could reach on the fascia boards and painted the garage. I will have to put a second coat on and I will need a taller ladder to do the other sections. But at least it is a start. I heard the rain is moving in next week, so I have to get it done this weekend. I am out of wiggle room.

I am tired and ready for bed tonight. But it has been a productive day and that is very good. I need a good night’s sleep tonight. Tomorrow I am supposed to go with the Men’s group and stack firewood. Sigh ….. and then paint and scrape. It is going to be a long day.

“Finish your outdoor work and get your fields ready; after that, build your house.” Proverbs 24:27

I guess it is time to put my shoulder to the wheel and get to work.

Just Connie

No comments: