Friday, September 4, 2009

An Unexpected Evening

I spent some unexpected time with friends this evening. It was so much fun. We sat and swapped stories, we went out for ice cream and we checked out the blackberries. It was not just refreshing, it was energizing.

It brought home to me, how little time I spend with friends. I did not even realize how much I miss it. The camaraderie and easy comfort of being with people who love you is refreshing to the soul.

I think perhaps I have spent too much time by myself. It is so easy to withdraw and hide when your heart hurts. But I think it is dangerous to be isolated at any time. Even more dangerous when sadness and hurt assail you at every turn. I think I need to spend more time developing friendships. That means I will have to push myself a little harder, reach out to other people a bit more and let go of the walls that have been isolating me. You know that sounds kind of scary, but really necessary. … I think I have some work to do.

“He will bring down your high fortified walls and lay them low” Isaiah 25:12

Just Connie

No comments: