Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Finding Friends

I made a quick stop tonight to check on a friend who hasn’t been feeling well. That quick stop lasted and hour and a half. I love being with these people. They always raise my spirits and lighten my heart.

Tonight as I sat at the dinner table with them while they finished their dinner, I just enjoyed being with them. We talked antiques, we talked history, we talked families … we just talked. Nothing was earth shattering, but all of it was totally enjoyable.

When I finally tore myself away, I knew that I could have stayed and stayed and still not wanted to leave. I am comfortable around them at a deep level, but even more than that I think our hearts beat for the same things. We share a love of our families, our church, antiques and so many things.

Tonight I find myself very thankful that God has brought such wonderful people into my life. I needed friends. I needed people in my life that enjoy who I am, who share my interests and who have time for me. I think God will continue to knit our hearts together in the days ahead.

“Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.” 1 John 4:7


I think that this friendship is a gift from God. I love gifts. this will be fun to unwrap.

Just Connie

No comments: