Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Pastoral Day

Today was a pastoral day. I spent the morning at the hospital with a parishioner who was having surgery. I love the opportunity to love on people at those moments of need. The hospital is a great place to not only love on people.

From there I went back to the church for a community pastor’s meeting. I always enjoy getting together with the pastor’s of other churches. I am just getting to know this group, so there is not the deep comfort with them yet. But I believe that it will come in time. I think I will enjoy the process.

Then I came back home hoping to rest, but it was not to be. I got a phone call form a pastoral friend who needed to talk through a family situation with an objective listener. I am so glad he called. It is such a privilege to be able to be a support and help.

Then it was time to eat and head back to the church for prayer time. We had a wonderful turn out for prayer. I am still finding my place among them and growing as I go. I think that God is stretching me in my prayer life. I want to grow and I think there is new understanding coming for me.

Looking back over the day, it was full but good. I could use more of these days. I think I will probably have more of these days. That is a good thing.

“Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.” Psalm 23:6

Just Connie

No comments: