Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday Schedule

It has been a full day. I taught the adult Sunday School class this morning. It is one of my regular job assignments at Willamina and I love this class. We are studying Proverbs. There was great discussion and I have really enjoyed this series.

During service one of the congregation who just had open heart surgery asked me to sing while he played. It was How Great Thou Art. I love singing the old classic hymns. They just speak to my heart so deeply. It was a lot of fun and I love how people responded to it.

It was also my Sunday to preach… Yahoo! I have missed being in the pulpit every week. I will be preaching throughout the month of October, so I am really looking forward to that. I love preaching. When I preach there is such a sense of rightness for me. There is no doubt in my mind that I fulfilling what God has called me to. I stand there and feel the confirmation each time I preach.

After church, I went to a birthday party. It was chaotic and wonderful. We had an incredible meal and then played spoons. It was wild. I love to play. I really think that for most of us we do not spend enough time playing. I am always willing to jump into a game …. the sillier the better.

By the time I got home, I was beginning to drag. I realized that I had not exercised the dog all week and I needed the exercise worse than she did. So I brushed her out and grabbed the leash and headed out. We walked to the edge of town and back. The weather was perfect and I am very glad that I stirred myself to get out of move. It is good for both of us.

You know it dawned on me tonight that I am beginning to have more good days than bad days. There has been progress on the healing of my wounded grieving heart. I knew that the day would come and I so thankful to find myself here. The last 9 months have not been anything that I would like to experience again. But God has been with me every step of the way. There is not only light and hope at the end of the tunnel, I think I might even see the end of the tunnel ahead of me.

“Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus” Philippians 12: 14

I need to keep looking ahead, I need to keep moving ahead. It is the only way to get out of the tunnel.

Just Connie

No comments: