Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Gift of Friendship

I had lunch with a friend today. She is becoming more and more precious to me. I think that we are becoming real friends. That is a rare gift and I am very thankful for someone that I can be myself with.

We had an incredible meal in a very fancy quiet place that was fabulous. It was one of the best meals I have had in years. It was very, very good. Afterwards we wandered through an art gallery. I saw some beautiful pieces that really spoke to me. Of course they were several thousand dollars out of my price range, but it was a lot of fun. It has been years since I have done something like that with a friend.

It really brought home to me, how hungry I have been for a friend. I have missed the comfort of being with someone who knows me and allows me to be who I really am. And even more … actually likes who I am.

Tonight I have a renewed sense of God’s care and concern for me. How thankful I am for my friend who brought this lesson to me today. I am loved and I am so grateful for the reminder.

“But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever.” Psalm 52:8

Just Connie

No comments: