Saturday, September 5, 2009

A Day To Relax

It has been a relaxing day. I woke up to a steady rain this morning. The air smelled fresh and I curled up under the covers and enjoyed the sound of the rain on the roof. Eventually the dogs insisted that I get up and take them outside but it was very nice while it lasted.

I have spent most of the day puttering around the house. I listened to some great music, did some housework, cut and groomed my little terrier and did a whole lot of relaxing. it was a wonderful peaceful day. I even got the chance to talk to my sister on line and that was wonderful.

I headed to the church tonight for prayer time with the church leadership. It was a wonderful time. I am so thankful for the solid godly leadership at the Willamina Church. It provides a strong framework for all of us ministers. It is also a hedge of protection around the entire church. I am thankful for a church that prays.

Tomorrow will be a busy and full day, and I really want to be fully rested for the Sabbath. So I am particularly glad for this day of rest today. Days like this are pretty rare and I will enjoy the respite. I have a feeling it will be an interesting week.

“He said to them, "This is what the LORD commanded: 'Tomorrow is to be a day of rest, a holy Sabbath to the LORD.” Exodus 16:23

Just Connie

No comments: