Friday, September 11, 2009

Cleaning Day

It has been a house cleaning day. Everyone needs a few of those. I was past due for it. The cobwebs and dust seem to get ahead of me when I least expect it. Then of course there is the assorted pet hair of three very hairy house guests. In other words it is an ongoing battle.

So today I have vacuumed, dusted, drug out the shop vac, scrubbed the floors, cleaned the ceiling fans and tried to attack the muck wherever I found it. IN the process I found three wasps nests in the garage. Sigh … that is the kind of thing that I hate dealing with. But the neighbor man brought me down a tall ladder and tomorrow I will go and buy a chemical spray and I will get rid of all the wasps nests.

While I have the ladder I will also scrape the fascia board above the garage and then repaint it where the paint is all peeling off. Then I have some clean up painting to do, to fix some of the areas that Gerrald “worked” on in the past year. So I have a busy week of work ahead of me.

Of course I need to fit all that in around the meetings, the wedding, the funeral and other things that have to happen in the next week. It will all get done. I just need to keep at it.

So I find that I am tired tonight in a good way. I feel like I have actually gotten something done. Even though there is still much more to do stretching ahead of me. There is great satisfaction in what I have accomplished. So I think I will call it a night and head to bed. Tomorrow will be time enough to worry about what I still have to finish up.

“A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest” Proverbs 6:10

Just Connie

No comments: