Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Process

I applied for a job today! There just have not been that many jobs to apply for. This was one that was interesting and within my qualifications. I have peace that God will open the right door at the right time. If not this job, then it will be another one. To be honest I just have not really had any stress about this. I am intent on enjoying this time I have been given to the fullest.

I spent the afternoon puttering around the house. I did a little cleaning, a little organizing and a little rearranging. I am still trying to decorate my living space in a way that reflects me and not Gerrald and I. For the most part that means de-cowboying the house. It has helped me to replace some of the things that keep drawing my heart back to us as a couple. But I have found it to be a slow and somewhat painful process. But I keep plugging away at it.

The décor issue in my house reminds me that healing is also a process. I would like it to all be done in one big swoop, but it is a step by step, item by item process. So I will keep plugging away. One day at a time trying to move into the future that God is calling me to. That future might not be what I thought it would be … it might not even be what I thought I wanted …. but it will be what God is building out of the ashes of my life. It will be something strong and beautiful and new.

“Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security.” Jeremiah 33:6

There is healing for even me. I just need to remember the past, embrace tomorrow and live fully in today.

Just Connie

No comments: