Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Home For Me

My living environment has always been important to me. I like to have a safe oasis to come to. Over the months since my husband left I have been slowly working on the house and making it more reflective of me, instead of us as a couple.

That means for the most part that I have been de-cowboying the decor. I have been taking down most of the cowboy and western items and putting them away in the attic. In it is place I have put up lace, throw pillows and even beaded curtains. I have unpacked some of my antiques and have even put my antique dolls out.

It is beginning to be a place that is feeling like home to me. It is a place that is uniquely me, a reflection of my tastes and activities. I think that is a pretty good feeling. I still have a lot to do. I have boxes to unpack and still have to organize my office and sewing rooms which are a disaster. But I will get there.

I will keep working on things and I will keep moving ahead. I will keep my eyes focused on the road ahead of me. I think it will keep me from wandering off the oath in despair. This is good therapy for me. It also helps create a home environment which blesses me every time I walk in.

“Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young— a place near your altar, O LORD Almighty, my King and my God.” Psalm 84:3

Just Connie

No comments: