Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Being Helped

One of the things I have struggled with over the past year is the upkeep and repair of the house. It seems like such a big job for such a little house. Things like scraping and painting the fascia boards on the outside and cleaning the moss off the roof. Or all of the overhanging brush and trees that needed to be dealt with. The miracle has been that when I am feeling most overwhelmed, help has always arrived.

I am learning to not just accept that help, but even to ask for help when needed. I have found that simple task of asking for help has really been difficult for me. I have all kinds of excuses why I do not want to ask for help. You know things like "people are busy" or "I should be able to do this on my own" or even "I should learn to do this myself". The reality is that I do need help, I cannot do it myself and people do have the time to help me.

So the real issue is me laying down my pride and being honest and transparent. Sigh .... sometimes that is just so hard to do. But I recognize the importance of me doing so. I think this is something I will have to keep intentionally working on in the days ahead.

"When pride comes, then comes destruction, but with humility comes wisdom" Proverbs 11:2

Lay it down, lay it down, lay it down .... who knows, I might even learn something.

Just Connie

No comments: