Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

Today was Valentine's Day and I have to say that I really felt the love. It has been a full and wonderful day.

The day began with a call from my mother wishing me a happy day and letting me know that she loved me and was praying for me. We chatted for about 15 minutes and it was a wonderful way to begin my day.

I headed to church and was so blessed to be hugged and wished a Happy Valentine's Day over and over again. I even got a Valentine from one of my friends with a chocolate. It was a happy day and worship was wonderful, uplifting and exciting.

After church I ran home and changed my clothes. Then my very good friends Clair and Mary Mitchell picked me up and we headed off to an adventure. they took me to Independence where we wandered through several antique shops. I found 3 gifts and a vintage scoop to use for my pellet stove. We had so much fun and talked and laughed and just enjoyed all of the interesting things we saw. We headed in to West Salem to my favorite Mexican restaurant. We enjoyed some great food and wonderful conversation. We took some back roads back to Willamina and enjoyed the beautiful countryside.

So tonight I am sitting here thinking back on the day and I realize that I really do feel that I have had a day of love and blessings. It has not been sad or difficult and that is truly a surprise to me. A wonderful surprise.

I think that God will have more of these wonderful surprises in the days ahead. I am ready for a few more of those. Faith is the result of hope built in love.

" And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13

Just Connie

No comments: