Sunday, February 21, 2010

Stepping Into The Light

I took another step out of the shadows and into the light today. I am working hard to try to connect with people more often than my pets. That means I am making conscious choices to spend time with people. Sp today I had accepted an invitation to go antiquing with friends. Then after a wonderful afternoon of poking around and looking at some wonderful things, I accepted a dinner invitation.

It seems like such as easy thing to do. I had such a good time, but in so many ways it would have been easier to go home and cuddle up with the animals. Easier but not better. I keep reminding myself that I need other people. My time of being alone is drawing to a close and it is the dawn of a new day.

So tomorrow, I will continue to make choices that bring into contact with others in meaningful ways.... and the next day and the the day after that as well. I will choose to keep doing it until it becomes second nature to me once again.

Today one more step into the light, tomorrow yet another step forward. The day will come when the last of the shadows are driven away.

"Who has called you out of the darkness into His marvelous light" 1 Peter 1:9

Just Connie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your courage is AMAZING....I am very proud of you Connie ;=O) Hope you have a good Monday...was thinking about your Dad out of the blue yesterday so I offered a prayer up for him...is he still progressing? I will still pray for him...thank you for all your encouragement...Nitey nite <3