Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Eddy

Have you ever watched a stream? The water sometimes rushes madly over the rocks, splashing, laughing on its way. Sometimes the water flows serenely and placidly through steep banks. Sometimes there are little side eddies where the water spills over but has no real outlet. The water there can grow murky and stagnant.

I find myself in one of those eddies right now. Pushed off to the side, the emotions swirl me around, but there really is not any where to go. Tonight it is hard to keep hold of the fact that the stream is till there. It feels like I am going to be stuck in this side eddy forever.

I find that I really do not like being here but I need to remember that this is not for ever, it is just for now. Sigh ... I do not like the "nows" I have been having lately. Regardless of my feelings, this is the now I have.

So, I think I will listen to the stream that I cannot really see right now to remind myself that the stream is still there. I need to begin to prepare for the day the stream will grab me and send on my way once again. I know it is coming. I just need to be watchful and prepared.

Just Connie

No comments: