Monday, February 8, 2010

Heavy Day

It has been a "heavy" day. Not because big and important things happened, but because I spent the day hauling really heavy things around.

The day begun with Hope puppy having an accident on the carpet. That meant I had to haul in the carpet shampooer from the shop. Which means that it had to come up a flight of stairs and then carried back down the flight of stairs and put away.

Then I had to go to the feed store and pick up a 50 pound sack of dog food. You would think that I would be used to it after a year of doing it on my own. But the reality is that sometimes it takes everything I have in me to muscle that sack of dog food out of the car, up the flight of stairs, through the house and then into the bin on the deck.

Then I had to pick up pellets for the stove at the hardware store. I always help them load it into the car because I feel guilty watching them do it while I just stand there. The pellets come in 40 pound sacks. So I help load 5 bags (200 pounds) and then I go home and unload them all. Then I go in the house and ice my shoulder.

Then this afternoon I sorted and loaded cases of books and papers into my car to take to the Conference Office tomorrow. All of the historical papers and financial papers from the Gladstone Church are going to its final home. I am thankful to have it out of my garage and ready to be on its way.

But I find that tonight I am tired. My shoulder and arm hurts and I am glad to be able to call this day finished. Time for bed and time for some restorative sleep. Tomorrow will be a "lighter" day.

"The work is too heavy for you; you cannot handle it alone" Exodus 18:18

Just Connie

No comments: