Monday, February 22, 2010

Hoping for the Light

A couple of months ago I decided that it would be good to spend time with a counselor. Just to talk through the trauma of the last few years and especially this past year.

That has been a wonderful decision. It has also been a very painful decision. It has required me to face my pain squarely and to identify it for what it is. Sometimes that has meant aligning my thinking to healthier patterns. Sometimes it has meant that I need to accept the truth of something that that are very difficult to face.

Tonight was painful. It brought up memories and events I did not want to look at. I have to admit that I am struggling to face this. It is so painful and so raw. And yet I know it is so important. To leave the truth in the dark will only harm me and harm the future God has planned for me.

So I take another step towards the light. I think this is what hope is all about. It is taking a step in the dark because you know the light lies ahead.

"Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear." Isaiah 58:8

Just Connie

No comments: