Saturday, February 6, 2010

House Cleaning

I have spent two days cleaning house. Heavy kind of cleaning, moving all the furniture, shampooing the carpets and trying to knock down all the spider webs. It seems like it slowly sneaks up on you and all of a sudden you realize that there is serious cleaning to be done.

So I have scrubbed and sorted and cleaned and cleaned. I am tired, tired, tired! But my house is fairly clean at this point. That is a pretty good feeling. Of course with the animals in the house it will not stay that way very long. But that is a small price to pay for their company and exuberant love.


It occurred to me as I was cleaning today, that I have really been doing some heavy cleaning in my own life over the past months. Working through the hurt, finding thought patterns that need to be changed and letting the Holy Spirit bring cleansing and health once again.

I am ready for healing, I am ready and I am so thankful for the work that God is doing in my heart and life. I believe that this is only the beginning and the best is yet to come.

"Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscious and having our bodies washed with pure water" Hebrews 10:22

Just Connie

No comments: