Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Friends

I am so grateful for friends. Friends bring so much into our life. They bring honesty and reflection. They bring laughter and love. They also bring refreshment and challenge.

Lately I have come to be thankful for two very different sets of friends. I am thankful for my Facebook friends. People that have a sense of the daily flow of my life and are willing to interact with me on a deeper level than casual acquaintances. I am thankful for the times that we chat and that they ask personal questions and expect honest answers. It is very rare that a day goes by without touching bases with several of my Facebook friends. I find that I need them and I value the input they give me.

I also have a small group of people who interact with me daily. These are people who know me and love me anyway. People that I have a deep trust and respect for. These are people who are investing themselves in my life. They offer perspective and balance as well as honesty and encouragement.

These friends both near and far are very important to my emotional health. I need them. I need their insight, their honesty and the challenge they bring to me. Through this past year God has used them to help glue all the shattered pieces of my life back together again. They are a precious gift and not a day goes by when I do not thank God for them.

"Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God" 1 John 4:7

I hope that I can be as good a friend to them as they have been to me.

Just Connie

No comments: