Friday, February 12, 2010

Loving It

I have worked hard to ignore the looming approach of Valentines Day. But I have found it impossible to shut it out today. The TV, the radio, the stores ... all of them are trumpeting the arrival of the holiday. Everywhere I turn they are talking about love, love, love and what we can do to make our special somebody feel special.

I really did not need any reminders that I have no special someone to share the day with. But there it is anyway. It got me to remembering how Valentines Day used to be. I always had presents and candy for the children and of course my husband. I used to make a super nice dinner and we would have such a good family time together. I really miss that sense of family and comfort and that absolute knowledge that I was loved.

My life is very different now but I do not want want to focus on the losses. So instead of focusing on what I do not have this year, I am going to try to focus on what I do have. I have the love of 2 dogs and one opinionated bunny. I have friends who love me and are praying for me. I have a church family that loves me. I have a family that loves me. And most of all, God loves me, God loves me, God loves me! There is still love in my life. I am thankful for that reminder. Because love is what it is all about.

"God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit whom he has given us" Romans 5:5

Just Connie

No comments: