Friday, February 26, 2010

House Day

I have been working on the house today. Trying to get things organized, hanging pictures and trying to make the house reflect me and my interests. I have company coming for dinner on Sunday night and I am trying to finish up some of the things I just had not gotten around to. it feels good to see things begin to feel more like me than "us".

My mother and my nephew came to see me today. All the way from St Helens and Burlington. They drove to Salem and picked up the mattress that mom and dad bought for me and then brought it all the way to Willamina. It was an incredibly loving and kind thing to do for me and I am so appreciative. While my nephew was here I put him to work. he helped me do some of the things that are difficult to do by myself. We hung curtain rods and he helped me put things in the attic. You just do not realize how many things there are that really require two sets of hands until there is only one set of hands to do them.

So tonight I am enjoying a quiet evening. I am watching TV and doing some light cleaning. It is good to begin to get some things taken care of. Now I just need to get a hold of a vacuum cleaner since mine committed suicide last weekend. Things do not look clean without being vacuumed. Hopefully tomorrow ... tomorrow ..... tomorrow. It is becoming a theme song for me.

"be self controlled and pure, busy at home" Titus 2:5

Just Connie

No comments: