Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Learning Year

I am learning. In fact this entire past year has really been a year of learning for me. As I look back I see that I have been forced to gain new skills and experiences that I normally would not have chosen to learn.

I learned to build a fire in the pellet stove. I learned how to clean the moss off my roof. I learned how to haul 50 pounds of dog food into the house and put it away by myself. And those have been just a few examples of what I have learned. It has truly been a year of facing new experiences on my own.

There are other things that aren't so much learned, but are in a process of being learned. Things like facing the reality of what it was like to live with an alcoholic. Or learning to live alone. Learning who I am. All of those are lessons that I am still learning every day.

I think learning is good. I am committed to the process. Even though I sometimes find the process uncomfortable. Because the truth is that there can be no growth without learning. So day by day I am learning and growing. I have truly learned so much through this past year. I cannot imagine the things I will learn this year.


"Let the wise listen and add to their learning" Proverbs 1:5

Just Connie

No comments: