Saturday, February 27, 2010

Today's Activities

I have had a good day. It has been full and busy, but good. I spent much of the day cleaning house and continuing to organize things around the house. I hung pictures and even got curtains hung up. hanging curtains meant that I had to sew the set for the front room door. That was an easy and short job but one I had not got around to over the past few months. I am really pleased with how it looks and it feels good to get it done.

I also got the dogs bathed and brushed and hopefully they will refrain form doing doggie things until after the company leaves tomorrow. I got the cake and the chicken baked for tomorrow and am in fairly good shape to wrap preparations up in plenty of time.

I had dinner with my good friends who are retired pastors. They are so much fun to spend time with. I find that it really energizes me to spend time with people who love me. It is a wonderful gift and I am very thankful for the friendship that is growing between us.

The evening wrapped up with prayer at the church and that is always a good thing. We have a small group of us that meet at the church every Saturday night and we pray through the building preparing for Sunday morning services. It is always a blessing.

So all in all it has been a good day, a productive day. I am looking forward to a wonderful day of worship and celebration tomorrow. I could use a few more days like this, it is good to walk in the light.

"I am the light of the world, whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life." John 8:12

Just Connie

No comments: