Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Dog Day

Now tell me again why I like dogs? This is the time of year that I begin to wonder if I have lost my mind. Charlie, my sheep dog is blowing her winter coat. That means that everywhere she walks she leaves a trail. A trail of hair ... hunks and hunks and hunks of hair. You would swear that there should not be any hair left on her because it is all on the floor ... on the furniture and of course on me. That means I am vacuuming at least two times a day. That also means that I am unclogging my vacuum cleaner at least two times a day as well. It is one of the sure signs that spring is around the corner.

The puppy is oblivious to the the hair floating around the house and has decided to un-stuff her stuffed monkey. That means besides the layer of hair my carpets are also speckled with the cotton innards of her stuffed monkey. I would not have thought that any stuffed monkey could have that much stuff in it. I noticed today when I was scraping stuffed monkey innards off of the carpet that the stuffed monkey was now mostly un-stuffed. I guess at some point she will run out of stuff to pull out of it and move on to the destruction of another toy.

Right now the dogs are tearing around the the family room, they are wrestling and growling and having a wonderful time. They are having a wonderful time ... me not quite so much. But I have to admit they are pretty entertaining to watch if you can keep your mind off of what they could potentially destroy as they are careening around the house.

So in a little bit I will herd the dogs off to bed and vacuum the carpets and listen to a few moments of peace and quiet. Who knows that might last for a while. Well at least until the raccoons come for their nightly visit and the dogs begin to protest. Sigh ....now why do I like dogs again?

"Deliver my life from the sword, my precious life from the power of the dogs" Psalm 22:20

Just Connie

No comments: