Monday, February 15, 2010

Hope Learns a New Trick

Hope puppy has learned a new trick. She has learned to chase a ball and bring it back to me. She loves chasing the ball. She never tires of it and it is her very favorite activity. In fact it is a little too much of a favorite activity. She is .... well I do not think that obsessed is too strong a word.

Hope will chase madly after the ball and bring it back to me and lay it on the floor waiting for me to throw it. The problem develops when I do not respond right away. She then begins to bark. And she will bark until I throw the ball. Not one or two little barks, but on and on and on and on. I have tried hiding the ball, I have tried ignoring her and still she barks. I have tired going into a different room, I have tried everything I know how to do, and still she barks.

Tonight she has kicked it up a notch, she is now dropping the ball in my lap and putting her paws on my knee, looking earnestly into my face and then she begins barking at me. I realize that this is a phase and she will outgrow it. But in the meantime she is DRIVING ME CRAZY!

So puppy training continues and one of these days I will discover she has grown into a wonderful dog. In the meantime perhaps I will invest in some ear plugs ... or maybe ship her off to my parents for a while. I mean they got me trained, so surely they would have no trouble with one small puppy.

"But among the Israelites not a dog will bark at any man or animal" Exodus 11:7

Just Connie

No comments: