Friday, February 19, 2010

The Papers

I stood there and looked at the papers in my hand. It was the legal proof of what my heart has known for so long. My marriage was over. There was no more us ... only me and him. At some point Wednesday the judge signed the order that terminated the last legal remnant of our relationship. In an instant it was all over.

I find that I have conflicting emotions. I am glad to have this last hurdle behind me and I am sad for all that has been lost. I have a feeling that those emotions will go up and down in the days ahead. I guess that is to be expected as part of the process.

I am trying to keep my eyes focused ahead and not on the past. But tonight I am still finding that a bit difficult. Images of the past seem to be at the forefront of my thoughts. But tomorrow is a new day. I am choosing to meet it with hope and faith.


"We hold on to our courage and the hope of which we boast" Hebrews 3:6
Just Connie

No comments: