Saturday, February 20, 2010

Church Dinner

We had a church dinner tonight. It was a night of mystery. Of course there were wonderful decorations, games and fabulous food. And best of all we did a radio show. Fibber McGee and Mollie to be exact. I was Mollie and we had a lot of fun. There was a lot of laughter and everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves.

I was reminded tonight that so often we get so busy with "doing" church we forget about "being" the church. We do not take the time to fellowship and just spend time with each other. Investing in each other's life. We need nights like tonight.

I am working hard to connect with people after a year of isolation. I do not always find it comfortable, but I do find it important and necessary. I need other people, I need their perspective, their love and their walk with Christ. And as I think about it ... other people need me too. It is time to continue to walk out of the shadows towards the light of the new day. It will be a lot more fun with friends beside me.

"Be devoted to one another in brotherly love" Romans 12:10

Just Connie

No comments: