Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hope Springs

I have had occasion to do a lot of thinking about hope through this past year. Last night I shared that Hope was taking a step in the dark because I believe the light will come. That underlying belief has kept my face pointed towards the light and taken me step by agonizing step forward.

I got to thinking today about where that hope comes from. Scripture tells us that God is the author of hope. I believe that there are outlooks and beliefs that grow out of our relationship with the living God that brings hope to us even in times of despair and darkness.

Hope grows from from a submitted, committed heart. It grows from who I believe Christ to be and what I know He is doing in , for and through me.

Hope grows because I believe in what Scripture tells me, good overcomes evil. It also tells me that God loves me, loves me, loves me.

Hope grows because God has proved Himself to me over and over again.

Hope grows because it springs naturally out of the life, love and knowledge that God brings me.

"May the God of all hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

Spring up O well ......

Just Connie

No comments: