Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Papers

Two weeks ago I had conversation with my soon to be ex husband. I had sent him the divorce papers. He assured me he would sign them and send them off the next day in the self addressed and postage paid envelopes I had provided. Every day since them, I have walked to the mailbox looking for the papers that should have been here two weeks ago. Once again he failed to do what he told me he would do.

Today the papers finally arrived. It has been an interesting roller coaster of emotion today as I have prepared for this next step. I feel sad, I feel disappointed in the the little note that he had included with the signed papers and I have to admit I was mad at myself for feeling sad.

I finally came to the realization that being sad was appropriate and normal and I needed to stop beating myself up for feeling what I was feeling. It is a sad situation and one I never imagined I would find myself in. It is okay to grieve.

So tomorrow morning I have an appointment with the court clerk. They will look at my paperwork, notarize the ones that need it and then file it. I will find out at that time how long it will be until everything is final. Everything is moving ahead.

But tonight I grieve.

"I tell you the truth, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices" John 16:20

Just Connie

No comments: